You can’t find a person who doesn’t like cupcakes. Everyone from children to the elder loves it. Sometimes we don’t have the time or patience to make cupcake batter from scratch. Would you ever try cake mix to make a cupcake?
Let’s know how to make cupcakes using cake mix and how to decorate them and make them more delicious. Also, you can try Custom Cakes instead of making them on your own.
Mixing and Baking
- First of all, heat your oven to 350°F, and when you are using dark baking pans, lower the temperature to 325°F.
- The next thing is preparing the cake mix. Almost all people use some essential ingredients like water, oil, and an egg for cake mix.
- Prepare your cupcake pan. You can directly put the cake mix into the pan, but it would be more even if you use any paper or soft cloth soaked with vegetables, then wipe the cupcake pan.
- Then the next thing you should do is fill the cupcake pan with cake mix. Never over-fill the cupcake wells. It will rise as it bakes.
- Bake the cupcakes depending on their size. A Regular sized cupcake will need 15 to 20 minutes to prepare. On the other hand, a mini-sized pan will need 10 to 15 minutes to bake. A jumbo-sized cupcake pan will need 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the cupcake cool for a few minutes.
- Make sure the cupcake is fabulous.
- Use pre-make frosting to decorate the cupcake, and it will make the cake soft and fluffier. Dip the upper side of the cupcake into the frosting. If you want to make frosting colored, you can use food color. You can also dip the cupcake in a bowl filled with chopped walnuts or colored sugar, or sprinkles.
- For adding icing flavored, use 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange or lemon juice. And if you want the chocolaty flavor to add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into the icing sugar before adding water.
- To add more color, use some chocolate hazelnut spread. Use 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut. Trust me, it’s awesome on cupcakes made from yellow cake mixes.
- The next thing you can use to decorate the cupcake is toppings. It’s fantastic to look your cupcake look pretty. Here I am giving some ideas of toppings:
- Maraschino cherries are classic toppings to use in cupcakes. On the other hand, sprinkles, colored sugar, sugar strands are great toppings as well. Flower-shaped sugar is looking so delicious on cupcakes. Chopped walnuts are also used for cupcakes girlish.
- Also, match the frosting color with your upcoming holiday weekend or any special event. When the cake is for a baby shower, use pink frosting if the baby is a girl. If the baby is a boy, then use blue. When the cupcake is for spring, use flower-shaped sprinkles and white icing, or if it’s for winter, use blue icing and white snow-shaped sprinkles.
Adding Some Variation
Experimenting with different cake mixes is amusing. If you never try it, here some options for you:
- Red-velvet is excellent with cream cheese frosting
- Yellow looks better with chocolate frosting
- Birthday cake is looked more beautiful with sprinkles
Consider adding some food color with white cake mix:
- If it’s February, make the cupcake in red or pink cause February is the month of Valentine’s Day.
- If it’s March, use green food color in honor of Saint Patrick’s Day.
You can add a packet of instant pudding to make the cake fluffier and softer. Remember one thing if you are using pudding, add some chocolate power also. Adding an extra egg is essential to make the cake batter longer and fluffier.